A legendary house track once said…GET READY TO BOUNCE. And I think that’s the perfect track for your first experience in the newly updated FreedomFox / Fox2. We’ve completely revamped the suspension, and you’ll finally get to feel what it’s like to taxi in a bush plane with big bad tires. Landings? You may need to refine those approach speeds, but you’ll certainly be happy to do so. It’s now ALIVE.
The sim is constantly moving forward with features that allow us to “do more,” which could be both a blessing and a curse.
However, at Parallel 42, we don’t tinker for the hell of it. We’ll keep an aircraft as true to life as possible. We won’t add pretend elements to an aircraft “just because,” and we don’t do gimmicky updates either.
So why a car horn? Because Trent Palmer added one to #FreedomFox IRL. And yes, you can hear it in multiplayer too! However, we added a time limit to ensure our favorite streamers don’t get trolled. This horn was also added to Fox2's.
- PMS GTN750 Integration now added to all variants. Ensure you have the latest version of the appropriate 3rd party add-on, and click the brass screw on the dash. ( https://pms50.com/msfs )
- TDS GTN750 Integration now added to all variants. Ensure you have the latest version of the appropriate 3rd party add-on, add the TDS Mod via FreedomFox Mod Manager, and click the brass screw on the dash. ( https://www.tdssim.com/tdsgtnxi )
- Immersion Effects have been added to all variants for full power situations; enjoy a massive dust cloud in the backcountry, and yep, multiplayer too!
- Car Horn added to all variants. Use the new button on the dash next to the throttle, or bind a key/button to TRIGGER HORN in the Controls menu.
- Suspension Revamped Now as bouncy as the real thing. Enjoy the extra shaking at idle, taxi, and a less “firm” touchdown.
- Castering Tail Wheel is no longer bound to the rudder input.
- * Fly ANY Heading For the one person in the world constantly complaining that the airplane can only fly North due to the default Garmin GPS orientation. Install either of the GTN750s and delete our email pls.
- Note: You could always fly any heading, but humans gonna human.
Follow //42 news & musings via our official & social media channels!