I’m currently on travel in South America, but the work doesn’t stop! These days the internet keeps us all on the clock, all the time. But I’m not complaining, promise. On the contrary, I’m excited to kick off the new year with another hit from our very own Jeppeson2001.
Development in the Red Bluff, CA region will wind down after a few more spots. However, before we reach the last strip, you’ll see us plant a flag in a new area. Want to find out where? The first hint will come soon in a //42 Dispatch email: SIGN UP HERE
The property Hogsback Ranch is based on is not fictional. Obviously, we’ve taken some creative liberties because life is boring if you can’t be creative. But the driveway is indeed a runway, and there is a hangar on site; yep, even the helipad is accurate! I expect simmers worldwide to make this their new home in sim. It’s got absolutely everything you could want, and the sunsets are unreal.
Luxury living w/private hangar & airstrip, helo depot, stunning views, main residence & stables, perfect for aviation enthusiasts & nature lovers. Move in today, and live the ultimate virtual life!
Our scenes are challenging strips with immaculate vibes; whether it feels remote or cozy will depend on each scene. They are also perfect places to play with //42 Campout as they were designed with plenty of plane camping space.
42HB Hogsback Ranch
You’ll find Hogsback Ranch in Tehama County, California, just upriver from 42ST Sharktooth Ridge. Nestled in the heart of nature, the ranch offers breathtaking views and unparalleled privacy.
YOUR NEW HOME AWAITS! This one-of-a-kind property combines luxury living with the ultimate aviation experience. The highlight for aviators is the private hangar and airstrip on site. Imagine stepping out of your front door and onto your own runway, ready to take off and explore the world!
The property also boasts a helo “depot.” with a longer dirt strip adjacent to it. This secure depot is just down the road from the house and perfect for storing projects you’ll never finish! In addition to the main buildings, the ranch also includes stables and other outbuildings to support a variety of lifestyles. Hogsback Ranch has something for everyone.
- Runways: 1x 984ft gravel, well maintained, 1x 1043ft dirt, not maintained.
- Helipads: 1x asphalt, poorly maintained.
- Approach Considerations: Recommend inspection pass. Cliffs at both ends.
- Approach Cautions: Buffeting from cliffs on final, low gate at North end of the strip & power lines nearby.
- Lighting: Yes, Solar. Primary residence only, 3 minutes on / 2 minutes off.
- Windsock: Yes, mounted atop hangar at residence and atop Depot.
- Services: Fuel stored on-site at Depot in barrels. Hand pump only.
- Amenities: Swimming pool, hangar, stables, off road vehicles & campsites with immaculate views.
- Multiple objects and hazards on approach or near runway contain collision boxes.
- Challenging approach onto a short and narrow strip atop a cliff.
- Custom terraforming in the region for max visual effect.
- Custom vegetation assets.
- Custom 3D library of on-ground assets.
- Custom stone fire rings sized specifically for //42 Campout Utility campfires at key locations for sunsets.
- Hangar w/working hydraulic door features custom sounds.
- Interior of property modeled to a level ideal for all systems.
- Stables on site feature horses w/custom sounds.
- Custom night lighting all around the property, including pool.
- Floating doughnut in swimming pool, will it ever touch the corner?
- Study level bollards
- INOP Switch Sculpture by artist Saptain Cim
- Ideally located for Northern California Backcountry bush trip adventures.
Follow //42 news & musings via our official & social media channels!
Interested in group flights? You’ll often find the //42 team flying on TheSkyLounge.TV *.
- Once you cross into The Lounge, you’ll be interacting with us in a non-official capacity. We ask that you please not chase us down with support requests and understand that any comments made there are not representative of official statements on behalf of //42.