As the nearing winter brought cooler weather, I knew we had to make our way back to Utah for the next release. Located about 15 mins from Mexican Mountain, you’ll find a beautiful high-elevation strip atop Cedar Mountain. This is a popular spot for flyers in the area and can be seen in many YouTube adventures.
This is the first scene by a newer team member working alongside one of our master artists. We needed to embrace the vibes of a remote area by showcasing natural beauty, and I feel we have delivered an incredible addition to any simulator. No matter where you look, you will find magic moments. Cedar Mountain can host larger aircraft, and ample parking and camps exist. Depending on the season, you might arrive at a beautiful landscape that looks painted on with a brush of winter.
Our scenes are challenging strips with immaculate vibes; whether it feels remote or cozy will depend on each scene. They are also perfect places to play with //42 Campout as they were designed with plenty of plane camping space.
42CM Cedar Mountain
Located in Cedar City, Utah, about 15 miles from 42MX Mexican Mountain, this destination is on a plot of BLM land frequented by backcountry pilots.
Cedar Mountain is a decent-sized airstrip that can accept non-STOL GA aircraft. The strip rests at 7538ft atop the similarly named Cedar Mountain and has a terrifying 1500ft vertical drop at the South end. This site provides panoramic views of the Wasatch Plateau and the La Sal Mountains. Altitude is a factor, so plan your aircraft and arrival accordingly.
- Runway: ~2000 feet long x 40 feet wide, well-maintained gravel and dirt.
Approach Considerations: Recommend inspection pass. Land slightly uphill to the South, wind permitting. The southern end of the runway ends with a terrifying 1,500 feet vertical drop.
- Amenities: Campgrounds with great views.
- Windsock: Yes
- Parking: Plenty
- Services: no restrooms, no water, no weather info, no lights, no cell phone service, and no fuel.
- Visually enhanced cliff faces in proximity to the airstrip
- Multiple runway objects and hazards contain collision boxes.
- Challenging high altitude approach onto sloped & narrow dirt runway.
- Custom vegetation assets.
- Custom 3D library of on-ground assets
- Custom stone fire rings sized specifically for //42 Campout Utility campfires.
- Custom terraforming for a better representation of dangerous terrain.
- Other mini-camps in the region, scout for them!
- Custom night lighting in the camp area.
- Custom Soundscape includes a fire pit and flying drone
- Fully animated drone mini-scene.
- Fully animated and night-lit UTV Track mini-scene in the area.
- Heatblur effects on fire pits
- Perfectly located for MOAB/Utah Backcountry bush trip adventures.
- Please don’t leave food out; a bear was reported in the area.
- Pineapple on pizza is not permitted on-site
Follow //42 news & musings via our official & social media channels!
Interested in group flights? You’ll often find the //42 team flying in “STOL Club” on TheSkyLounge.TV *.
- Once you cross into The Lounge, you’ll be interacting with us in a non-official capacity. We ask that you please not chase us down with support requests and understand that any comments made there are not representative of official statements on behalf of //42.