Come on up folks, place your bets!
Seeing the popularity of Sharktooth Ridge, we figured it was time to throw you another challenging strip to conquer. This one is located near Red Bluff, CA and is surrounded by incredible bluffs and nearby sandbars. All I can say about attempting to land at Bluffers Hill is, Lady Luck better be your co-pilot. Don't believe me? Just ask the guy with the base model J3 Cub...
Our scenes are challenging strips with immaculate vibes; whether it feels remote or cozy will depend on each scene. They are also perfect places to play with //42 Campout as they were designed with plenty of plane camping space.
42BH Bluffers Hill
A grass strip located in Tehama County, California.
Welcome to Bluffers Hill – Where the Stakes are High, and the Bluffs are Real! Just a 35nm flight from 42HB Hogsback Ranch. Roll the dice as you attempt to land on this dangerous sloped grass runway. With no safe option for a go-around, Bluffers Hill dares you to take on the odds. Don't forget to explore the surrounding bluffs and sandbars as well; who knows, you might even stumble on the Hillbilly Hideout 🌿
♦️ At Bluffers Hill, we've got the diamonds; you bring the aces! Only those who feed on the thrill of a challenge will genuinely savor the triumphant feeling of conquering this little gem.
- Runways: 1x 583ft grass strip, no maintenance
- Helipads: 1x grass pad, no maintenance
- Approach Considerations: Aggressively sloped/short runway.
- Approach Cautions: Depth/distance perception will be your enemy.
- Notices: STOL aircraft only, Helicopters OK
- Lighting: N/A
- Windsock: N/A
- Parking: Very Limited
- Amenities: Dedicated camping area, fishing, dark nights.
- Services: no restrooms, no drinking water, no weather info, no lights, no fuel. Cell service limited. None nearby.
- Markers on or near the runway contain collision boxes.
- Treeline at the end of the runway contains collision boxes.
- Challenging approach onto a short and narrow hillside strip.
- Custom terraforming to better resemble the region as it is IRL
- Custom 3D library of on-ground assets.
- Beautiful lake scene just down the hill from camp.
- Perfect stop on Northern California Backcountry bush trip adventures.
- Scenic area surrounded by bluffs and hilltops perfect for exploration.
- Includes Bonus Strip: "Hillbilly Hideout" in the vicinity. No ICAO.
- Can you find the bear?
- Can you find the map to Hillbilly Hideout?🌿
Follow //42 news & musings via our official & social media channels!