It started with a dream and an email! Like many other aviation enthusiasts, I’m a fan of Trent Palmer and #FreedomFox. His YouTube channel opened my eyes to a way of flying that captures the freedom you expect in the sky. Sure, flight planning for 1hr and flying along a magenta line saturated in rules CAN be fun. But feeling free, is well, a different vibe; to me, that’s flying!
As far as I know, we are the first to develop an aircraft alongside a current-day public figure like Trent. The brand he built with #FreedomFox has pretty much transformed the airplane into an aviation celebrity! We had to get this right. Once things got nerdy, we pulled in the best, GotGravel, for flight model tuning. With Keven and Raul making changes to systems and GotGravel ensuring it does as Trent says it should, it’s an all-star team, and Trent’s signature on the dash validates our final product.
Your purchase includes 2 aircraft, Trent Palmers’ #FreedomFox, and a customizable variant we like to call “Fox2”.
FreedomFox for MSFS was built by Parallel 42 (//42) in collaboration with aviation YouTuber Trent Palmer. “FreedomFox” started off as a Series 5 Kitfox STi. The “STi” stands for STOL Inspired, which is Kitfox Aircraft’s “short take-off and landing” specific wing and landing gear package. The FreedomFox is running a Rotax 915iS Turbocharged/Fuel Injected engine, Beringer Aero wheels & brakes, dual Garmin units, and other custom modifications. Parallel 42 will continue to track the evolution of FreedomFox, and feature updates will be available as long as the sim enables it. Our team worked hard to ensure this representation of FreedomFox behaves as Trent says it should, and having tested it himself, Trent’s signature on the dash validates our final product.
Also based on a Series 5 Kitfox STi, Fox2 is our own project build. We were inspired to create an aircraft that would be competitive in STOL Drag races, think of Fox2 like a sleeper. It may display a 915iS badge, but it’s definitely not factory. It includes an experimental engine upgrade, additional livery options, and thru our mod manager, you’ll find even more in the future. Use Fox2 as a base to build your own #FreedomFox!
A Mod Manager will also be installed, allowing bonus content to be deployed and installed easily, such as additional Fox2 mods, liveries, and even bush sceneries.
- Aircraft: Trent Palmer’s Freedom Fox
- Aircraft: //42 Fox2
- GotGravel STOL flight model, tested by Trent Palmer
- Mod Manager w/bonus content
- Exclusive “Desert Oasis” Photosbykev scenery
- Trent Palmer pilot avatar by TwoSeventyInc
- Additional GotGravel performance mods for Fox2
- Dual Garmin G3X Units
- Realistic electrical system fault/overload simulation
- Accurate 3D Model based on Kitfox Series 5 STi
- Beringer Aero wheels and brakes
- Custom flaperon implementation
- Window scratches as you’ve never seen before! (optional)
- Free liveries forever. (we love artists)
- Custom suspension animations
- Actual Big Tires
- Fully modeled OneWheel on the wing (optional)
- Deployable Camping gear included
- & Wig-Wag lights.
There are some features that are on our to-do list that are worth sharing now. They are on hold for various reasons, however, they can be expected in future updates.
- Interactive checklist!
- Additional Sound Engineering
- Custom visual effects
- Ambient lighting from displays
- Updating cockpit fuel tubes to transparent
- Various 3D details in and outside the aircraft
//42 FreedomFox & Fox2 are available at OrbxDirect*: https://orbx.to/FreedomFox
*After stabilization, to MS Marketplace for PC and XBOX
Follow //42 news & musings via our official & social media channels!
//42 BLOG: http://blog.parallel42.com