We meet again!
Time to go on yet another adventure, this time however, you may find the approach quite...shocking! Fine details are very important when you're building out a strip in an otherwise generic valley. Lucky for us, man made obstructions are merely challenges when it comes to bush flying.
Our scenes are challenging strips with immaculate vibes; whether it feels remote or cozy will depend on each scene. They are also perfect places to play with //42 Campout as they were designed with plenty of plane camping space.
42HV High Voltage
Discover "High Voltage," a privately owned farm strip nestled amidst breathtaking hills, just a 10-mile flight from 42BC Bush Plane Campout. This grass field is sloped to one side and tailor-made for high-wing STOL aircraft, offering an exhilarating and challenging approach with nearby high-voltage power lines adding an extra thrill. If you can hear the buzzing, you're too close!
Watch for grazing cows as you enjoy a tranquil flight into the valley. With no on-site amenities, High Voltage caters to adventurous souls, but fear not, an old country store awaits just up the road, offering delightful treats and a cup of coffee. Remember to give Farmer Bob a friendly flyover before landing!
- Runways: 872ft grass strip, no maintenance, marked helipad.
- Helipads: 1 grass, poorly maintained
- Approach Considerations: Side-sloped runway. From the East, hug terrain off the right wing and turn in over the cattle shack. From the West, dive in after power lines near stall speeds.
- Approach Cautions: Be alert for cattle on field & CAUTION POWER LINES!
- Notices: No low-wing aircraft beyond fence.
- Lighting: None
- Windsock: Portable windsock near the fence.
- Parking: Limited
- Amenities: Dedicated camping area, fishing, dark nights.
- Services: no restrooms, no drinking water, no weather info, no lights, no fuel. Cell service limited. Most services available down the road at the old country store.
- Multiple objects and hazards on approach or near runway contain collision boxes.
- Challenging approach onto a short and narrow valley strip.
- Custom terraforming to better resemble the region as it is IRL
- Custom 3D library of on-ground assets.
- Custom soundscape near power lines, campgrounds, & cows.
- Perfect stop on Northern California Backcountry bush trip adventures.
- Can you find the bear? What about the chicken that crossed the road?
This scene will be available via //42 Direct, Orbx & MSFS Marketplace on PC & Xbox. The current deployment status for each can be seen below.
//42 Direct: ✅
Orbx (PC): ✅
BUY NOW: https://parallel42.com/products/42hv
Follow //42 news & musings via our official & social media channels!
//42 BLOG: http://blog.parallel42.com