It’s been a busy month since the release of the Low N’ Slow Fox2 variant in our previous update! In fact, anyone with a keen eye would have picked up a hint of what’s to come in the final image of that post. The //42 Scenes department has been busy at work with the newest addition to perfectly placed hubs in the popular bush camping hot spots. For our next release, we provide you with a home base for bush flying in Green River, Utah, welcome to Mexican Mountain (42MX)!
Our goal with these scenes is to continue bringing value to your time flying FF/F2. Bushplane Campout (42BC) and Mexican Mountain (42MX) are built to serve as hubs for available smaller campouts that will surround them. They have been designed with plenty of parking and camping areas to stage up for your multiplayer adventures.
Mexican Mountain (42MX)
We were lucky enough to work with real bush pilots in the region and were provided with amazing drone footage for reference material in constructing this strip. Located in Green River, Utah, the region features brightly colored cliffs, buttes, ridges, alcoves, and pinnacles that dominate the landscape, with elevations ranging from 4,700 feet in the southeast to 6,900 feet on Mexican Mountain. In comparison to many other mountains, Mexican Mountain truly is…out there; the views are tremendous, there are plenty of places to practice STOL landings nearby, and you’re a short hop away from Moab.
- Runway: ~1800 ft long x 40 ft wide dirt runway. Slopes uphill slightly to the west.
- Approach Considerations: Tall trees on both sides of the runway present a hazard when landing to the east. Typically land to the west and depart to the east. Caution RC plane in the vicinity.
- Amenities: Campgrounds and fire rings. Please don’t leave food out; bears were reported in the area.
- Windsock: Yes. Located east of the runway, next to the information sign.
- Multiple runway objects and hazards contain collision boxes. (Careful tail spinners!)
- Challenging approach onto a narrow dirt runway.
- Custom vegetation assets.
- Custom terraforming in the region to match up to real-world footage
- Custom night lighting in camp areas.
- Custom Soundscape includes fire pits and flying RC plane
- Fully animated RC Plane mini-scene
- Heatblur effects on fire pits
- Centrally located for bush trip adventures.
- Plenty of parking for group flight staging
- Beware of bears near the camp.
- Pineapple on pizza not permitted on-site
Mexican Mountain (42MX) is past the testing phase and ready for submission on our end. If you own FreedomFox / Fox2 via Orbx or the Complete Package via Microsoft Marketplace, this new scene will be available to you upon release at no charge.
By popular demand, we’ll also release these scenes alongside future ones, as standalone purchases via the MS Marketplace. This will allow owners of the FreedomFox / Fox2 Base Package to purchase available scenes separately. Mexican Mountain (42MX) will be available for $7.99 USD.
FreedomFox & Fox2 are now available via Marketplace on PC & Xbox.
SEARCH : Fox2 or Click Here for more info.
Follow //42 news & musings via our official & social media channels!
//42 BLOG: http://blog.parallel42.com
Interested in group flights? You’ll often find the //42 team flying in “STOL Club” on TheSkyLounge.TV *.
- Once you cross into The Lounge, you’ll be interacting with us in a non-official capacity. We ask that you please not chase us down with support requests and understand that any comments made there are not representative of official statements on behalf of //42.