Have you read the Manual for specific conditions required for the effects to show?
Required conditions for each effect is described in the User Manual for your product. Optimal settings and limitations are also described in there.
Are you using the Default Weather menu to test wing condensation?
The default FSX/P3D Weather menu is tricky to play with. We find that the "Gray and Rainy" preset is the best for testing Wing Condensation and other precipitation-related effects. You can also user Active Sky Next to enter custom weather METARs while making sure the dew-point matches the ambient temperature. If you really want to use the Default Weather menu, make sure you use multiple temperature layers as they need to interpolate for the temperature to work.
Are default effects working within your simulator?
If default effects aren't working (i.e. Contrails or Wheels Spray) when our products are uninstalled, you should contact Lockheed Martin or Microsoft about the issue. A simulator reinstall might also bring back the effects.
Are you using the latest drivers for your graphics card?
Some Graphics Card Drivers might affect how effects are displayed in your sim. Try updating them to the latest version if you are having issues with the effects.
Are you using the latest version of your simulator?
Some older versions have issues related to visual effects and might result in glitched visual effects. Updating to the latest version might resolve the issue.
Have you tried reinstalling your effects package?
Your Immersion Package install might be corrupt. Try reinstalling the product in Orbx Central to make sure everything is installed properly.
Do you have any other add-ons modifying the panel.cfg files?
Our Immersion Packages requires the addition of multiple gauges to the VC of the aircraft. If you have another add-on modifying this file as well, the might be conflicts. Open a ticket if you are having issue resolving this issue.
Are you using a Migration tool?
Using a Migration tool might prevent the effects from installing properly. Make sure you turn off any Migration tool before installing any of our product.
Do you have the latest version of FSUIPC installed?
777 Immersion, A320 Family Immersion, 737 Immersion and 787 Immersion require the latest version of FSUIPC to work properly. You can get it from here: fsuipc.com/ The paid version is not required.
Have you tried setting your "Special effects detail" to Medium instead of High?
Some systems have this weird bug where the effects aren't showing when set to the highest settings. Try the Medium setting and see if the effects are working again!
Have you tried deleting the Shaders cache files?
Some effect files might get corrupt for various reasons. Deleting the cache files might fix your issue. Cache files are located in the corresponding folder:
- FSX: %UserProfile%\AppData\Local\Microsoft\FSX\
- FSX:SE: %UserProfile%\AppData\Local\Microsoft\FSX-SE\
- P3Dv2: %UserProfile%\AppData\Local\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v2\
- P3Dv3: %UserProfile%\AppData\Local\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\
- P3Dv4: %UserProfile%\AppData\Local\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\
- P3Dv5: %UserProfile%\AppData\Local\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v5\
Running your simulator with a clean Config file?
Some config manipulation might have broken your effects. Try to run FSX/P3D with a clean configuration file by renaming the fsx.cfg or prepar3d.cfg file located in the directory corresponding to your simulator:
- FSX: %appdata%\Microsoft\FSX\
- FSX:SE: %appdata%\Microsoft\FSX-SE\
- P3Dv2: %appdata%\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v2\
- P3Dv3: %appdata%\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\
- P3Dv4: %appdata%\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\
- P3Dv5: %appdata%\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v5\
Running your simulator with a clean directory configuration?
- P3D v2 introduced dynamic directories and one of it's configuration file might be corrupt.
- The configuration file for the effects is located in the following folders:
- P3Dv2: %programdata%\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v2\effects.cfg
- P3Dv3: %programdata%\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\effects.cfg
- P3Dv4: %programdata%\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\effects.cfg
- P3Dv5: %programdata%\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v5\effects.cfg